Wednesday 28 September 2016

THREE YEARS NOW


Before I continue to type this, cheers to you and me. We are three years old.

OMG! So soon?

Yeah, I know! I am so super excited! My blog is three years old.


It has NOT been an easy journey, but it has been an exciting one. Like an adventure. The blog has been like a child to me. I feed it, dress it up, pamper it and sometimes punish it.

A lot has happened and a lot has been learnt. Let’s talk about them.


WHAT HAS HAPPENED?

  • Change of blog name

The name of this blog used to be Marietta DeGrant As MarieNoel. I decided to change it to The Marietta DeGrant Blog because it was more appropriate and classier. MarieNoel only works at Christmas time. She’s like Santa Claus, but this is MarieNoel, the Christmas Queen.



During the festive season (I’m not allowed to say Christmas yet), there was a series of posts about Christmas and I enjoyed writing about it because, that is my season. My ultimate favourite, baby! There would be one this year.


I am yet to make this virtual date a real one. We will get there. In case, you do not know, #keleweledate is when the blogger (ME) talks about everything in one post every last Friday of the month and invite everyone to share their life or world updates. Unfortunately, there was no kelewele date last month and I apologize for that.

  • On Break

I went on break during the month of March and it felt good, but not for long. I missed typing blog posts and all that blogging jazz. But, it was worth it.



Throwback to one fine May evening, where we were nominated for Best New Blog and Best Blogger. But, we didn’t win. It doesn’t matter though. We were recognized and that was enough. I mean, being in the same category with Ameyaw Debrah, oh come on! I don’t need to say much, lol. But, I appreciate all your votes and your efforts to vote. Thank you so much for believing in me. I love y’all for that.

  • Most Influential Student Blogger

We have been nominated again. To vote, check the details on the image below.


I have started interviewing people and it has been fun. This year, I have done three interviews and I loved them. I interviewed Rojayjay, Rita and Khemikal. I am currently working on one. Or two.

  • Newsletters

I am working on sending newsletters and I am so excited about it. Subscribe by filing the form on your top right.

  • Vlogging.

I have started vlogging. So far, there is only one video on my YouTube channel. I hope to make it successful like my blogging game.

WHAT DID I LEARN?
  • Don’t ignore your readers.

People take time to read your blog. They could have used the time to do something else. So, if they send you an email, reply them. If they comment, reply. Show love to your readers. They are your world.

  • It’s not a competition oo.

The blogging world is not supposed to be competitive. Do not try to kill yourself to be better than another blogger. It is a waste of time. Everyone is good and creative in one way or the other. There is no bad blogger.

  • It’s so ok to go on break.

Even though, I missed blogging while I went on blogging break, it was worthwhile. I t’s ok to go on breaks. It doesn’t mean you are a failure or anything. If you want/need to go on a break, go on that break, which also takes me to my next point.

  • Don’t be obsessed with the internet. Plug out.

Some people see bloggers to be addicted with the internet. Well, I do not know about that. As far as I know, I am not addicted. (Good for you). Try to unplug and go out. Go to the beach, hang out with friends and have fun. Forget about your blog for a while. It won’t go anywhere.

Thank you so much for sticking with the Marietta DeGrant Blog. Thank you for reading, subscribing, watching, nominating, voting, commenting, liking, sharing and sending me emails. I really appreciate your efforts and your time.


We are three years old. CHEERS!!!




Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace