Monday 22 August 2016

Too Much KHEMIKAL Can Make You Laugh


I heard there is a new comedian in town. Well, he’s not very new. All I know is, he gives very amusing answers. I can’t call them cheeky, because that would be rude. I can’t say they are witty, that would make his head big. I follow him on Facebook, so I know what I am talking about.

That was just by the way.

Too much chemical Khemikal can make you laugh. Too much laughing gas can make you laugh.

Sorry, for the lame introduction.

Anyway, go on ahead to read the interview.

Marietta: Why the name Khemikal? Is there a story behind your name?

Khemikal: I was the one of the best students in my school and in my class. And a good science student. A friend gave me the name because I was truant and never stable with class and studies.

Marietta: Oh wow. Thanks to him.

Khemikal: Yeah

Marietta: Who would you say are your influences in the comedy world?

Khemikal: Trevor Noah, Eddie Griffin, George Carlin

Marietta: And how did you meet comedy? Because being a Science student and doing stand-up comedy doesn’t seem to match.

Khemikal: I started when I was in my last year at the University of Ghana. I was advised to do it and I did.

Marietta: What do you do apart from being a stand-up comedian?

Khemikal: Well I can do a lot of things and that's kinda annoying cuz I still don't know what do choose. I wanted to attend medical school but finance prevented me.
Like this one???


Marietta: Oh ok. Do you think that if you were to be a medical doctor, you would still be a comedian?

Khemikal: Honestly, I don’t know. But if you insist on a definite answer, I’d say yes.

Marietta: What was the best gig you ever performed?

Khemikal: Night of 1021 laughs and DKB point of view. Oh and KSM at 58



Marietta: What is the dumbest rumour you have heard about yourself?

Khemikal: Never heard any

Marietta: Tell us a day in the life of Daniel Selase.

Khemikal: I sleep….and think….and read sometimes…..and listen to music….and write code small

Marietta: Really? What do you read?

Khemikal: Opinions, science fiction, motivation, text books, religious texts.

Marietta: Suggest three books for us to read.

Khemikal: Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code, Year of the Hangman and the Prophet by Khalil Gibran

Marietta: Ok. What kind of music do you enjoy?

Khemikal: Any. Once it’s nice, I’ll listen. But my favourite music artiste is Sia.

Marietta: Alright. What do you hope to achieve in the next 10 years?

Khemikal: Be an influential stand-up comedian, a giver, a forex trader, a businessman, a husband and a father

Marietta: Amen. What is your most embarrassing memory from childhood?

Khemikal: I’d rather not say.


Marietta: Ok. No wahala. What is your favourite place to hang out?

Khemikal: Rinas Restaurant at Osu

Marietta: This is such an old question but I want to ask you what three things would you take with you to a deserted island?

Khemikal: Food, shelter and my girlfriend

Marietta: How would you carry the shelter?

Khemikal: It could be anything. Like them tour buses.

Marietta: You’re right. So, cake or pie? Which one do you prefer?

Khemikal: Cake


Marietta: Fun Question: Describe the colour yellow to someone who is blind.

Khemikal: It feels like fire when you get close to it.

Marietta: Nice. Any upcoming events?

Khemikal: Yes please


Marietta: Ok, where should we get ticket to buy?

Khemikal: At the gate.

Marietta: Alright. Ask yourself a question, and then answer it.

Khemikal: Question: How are you? Answer: I have a cold. What do you think?

Marietta: Thank you so much for honouring this interview. We are done

Khemikal: You’re welcome so much. Can I ask a question?

Marietta: Go on ahead.

Khemikal: Have you eaten?

Marietta: Yes please I have

Khemikal: Good. That’s all.

Asem oo.

Stalk him on social media.
For more enquiries, send an email to degrantm@yahoo.com or head over to my contact page.

Other interviews to read


No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace