Friday 26 June 2015

Kelewele Date with Marietta (26/06/15) Rainy

Good afternoon everyone! Thank God it's Friday!!! What's good? We have the weekend just in front of us. We're in a hurry to close from work and go and relax. I love weekends. It is the perfect time for us to unwind and be with our loved ones.

On this note, let's begin our kelewele date.

The night of June 3rd was a scary one because rain poured. It did not rain heavily. It poured heavily.
#AccraFloods became the headline grabber the next morning. Everyone was talking about it. It was so tragic. There were floods and there was an explosion from the Goil Filling Station at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra.

It has been raining a lot this month, it has kept us indoors most of the time. And since I'm indoors almost every time, I made some wacky drawings. I can't share them here because they are hilarious. That helped me cross one item on my long vac bucket list (At least, hahaha)

It is the month of maize /corn. Everywhere you go, you'll see a spot where  someone is grilling or boiling corn and it is the best to have in this season.



When school was out, there was a novel at home waiting for me. It was The Litigators by John Grisham. Unfortunately, I have been busy searching for internships, going up and down, running errands, road trips, so the book has been resting on my bed. Don't worry John Grisham, two of us would have a special date alone. Just the two of us, yeah.

I have a story on my mind. A story that doesn't make sense. It's about a girl who loves to draw. I always imagine it as a movie, with me acting as the protagonist, and a guy I admire as the protagonist's sweetheart. Eish! Can someone help me make it into a movie, though it doesn't make sense?

But June is running so fast. I feel the long vac is almost over. PLEASE don't be over. I wasted so much time this month, I pray I catch up in July, and get lots of goals fulfilled.


This month, I watched two beautiful old movies that moved me to tears. Antwone Fisher, and La Bamba. I really enjoyed them. The first time I saw La Bamba, I mistook it to be Lambada (which is also a movie), until Ritchie sang LaBamba. He died at an early age in a plane crash. A review might come later on the blog.

Let's continue on social media #keleweledate.

Ps. All the best of luck to all the  students batch who had their BECE cancelled and so need to write it again .
Stay sweet

PSS. Nowadays, I've been embracing my glasses a lot. It makes me look smart.

Stay sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace