Tuesday 11 April 2017

How to be a #GIRLBOSS


Hey world!

You are welcome back to my blog. If you are new to this blog, you are so welcome. Make sure to bookmark this blog, or subscribe by email.

I have been reading Sophia Amoruso’s #GIRLBOSS. I am not done reading, but I love the book. There are so many things that we can learn from the book. Apart from telling her stories, she has beautiful quotes and doodles that can motivate you to keep you going.

I hope to finish reading the book, so that I can write a review about it.



Sophia Amoruso says; “A #GIRLBOSS is someone who’s in charge of her own life. She gets what she wants because she works for it.” She also said that, life is short. Don’t be lazy.

The first time I heard the word, I was in love with it. Girl Boss……a word, I put at the back of my mind to be wherever I go.

To my opinion, a girl boss is someone who has a set of characteristics and qualities I have defined. If I had the chance to write a book on how to be a #GIRLBOSS, here would be the ways of becoming one….


1. A girl boss has dreams
If you want to be a girl boss, you have to dream big. Dream bigger than your Pinterest boards, have a vision of living the life you want to live.
2. A girl boss sets goals.
In other to achieve your dream, you have to set goals. Goals help you in getting to the life you want to live. If you want to be a writer, you need to set a goal of writing a piece every day in the morning. If you want to lose weight, you have to set a goal of exercising 3 times in a week.
3. Do want you love
Do you love dancing? Then dance! No one should prevent you from dancing. If you love wildlife, you can volunteer in wildlife clubs. If you love to farm, you can start a little backyard garden and dream of having great farms one day. Do what makes you happy and brings you positive feedback.
4. A girl boss is creative.
Be creative. Let your ways of doing things be creative and unique. Find ways of doing things differently. Doing things as others are doing would be different. Stand out and people would appreciate that.
5. Do not look down on yourself.
Do you feel you are not doing great as you should, or do you have a voice in your head telling you you are not good enough? Do not listen to that voice and look down on yourself. If you have trouble with that, I suggest you memorize positive affirmations that makes you kick butt.
6. Forget Competition
Do not ever think of being a girl boss and seeing yourself as better than someone. In cases where there are so many people in your department pursuing the same goal, do not take that chance of becoming better than your competitor. Forget competition, or else you might not get the results you want to get.


Let’s chat: How do you define #girlboss in your own words and understanding?

p.s. Follow my #GirlBoss Board on Pinterest



Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace