Monday 20 March 2017

A Letter To Poetry


Dear Poetry,

Thank you for being a woman. Thank you for holding me in your bosom. Thank you for your words to write of things that my mouth could not say.

When I am sad, you provide your laps for me to place my head on and you gently run your hand through my rigid discoloured hair.😢 When I am overexcited, you tell me to calm down and give me a pen, to write my feelings through you.😆

When I am angry or upset,😦 you leave me alone, and do nothing about it. That’s when I get disappointed because no words of red frustration comes by. I draw deep zigzag lines and destroy the paper with the tip of the pen. Why, oh why? Can you please tell me why?

Maybe, I’m not supposed to write anything. Maybe, I’ll destroy your works of being the best outspoken person you are.

Thank you for being dynamic. Thank you for transforming me into a better reflective writer. I didn’t like you first but I’m glad I love you now.

Your student,

Marietta.


Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace