Sunday 12 February 2017

Sunday Catch Up 🍵


Hello world!

I usually don’t blog on Sundays because I consider Sundays to be my day of peace and rest. Sundays are the day I observe as the Sabbath as a Christian, so I take this time to be offline for a while. (Actually, not the whole day, tbh).

Anyway, I just decided to blog today, just like on a quiet Sunday and we are sitting together on my bed, with some snacks and we are just talking the rest of the quiet afternoon away, till it is time to cook supper.

I have been writing a lot of poetry these days, and sometimes feel proud of them. I know I am the type that after writing a poem, I hate it the next day. But these days, I write poetry I am proud of. Maybe, I can publish them one day and they will learn them in schools. The sight of published works of mine in bookstores and libraries will definitely bring goosebumps on my body, I know.

There is this quote I would love to share by President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008). He observed:


Love….is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arches across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage, and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shining through death. How rich are those who enjoy it in their associations with family, friends, church and neighbours.

I love this piece so much. It is poetic and I ponder it in my heart.

Last night, I wrote more than five short poems and none of them was a love poem. I didn’t even realized until I was out of inspiration. I later didn’t mind because my love poems are not the best anyway.

Here is a wisdom knot I want to share with you

Just as no one can
Tell you how to feel
About a beautiful sunset,
No one can tell you how
To live your life.
You are the artist…
And must shape your experiences
With your own hands
-Susan Staszewski


Happy Sunday and enjoy the rest of the day and the week.


Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace