Friday 30 December 2016

Kelewele Date with Marietta (30/12/2016): A Letter to 2016


Welcome to our last kelewele date of the year!!! WHOOOOO!!!! Can you believe it? I still remember when it was the beginning of the year and I wasn’t feeling enthusiastic about it, but it is almost over, so we thank goodness about that.

Anyway, 2016 was a mixture of everything. In this kelewele date, I have written a letter to 2016.

Dear 2016,
Oh, you are almost ending I can see. Your last day is tomorrow. I can’t believe that is the end of you. I remember when I was a little younger, I thought you would be a very strange year. I thought we could have pen pals from space and drive our cars in the air. How wonderful. You are ending tomorrow and I obviously know nothing like that would happen tomorrow.
Or would it?
You made the beginning of my year less enthusiastic. A loved one of mine was seriously ill, but she is ok now.
I made new friends in you. I made some achievements during your time.
But you know you took some people away, right. That’s what we hate about you. You gave us broken hearts.
You made us put our broken hearts on paper. We wrote more than we expected.
But you are going away, and we won’t see you again. That is somehow a good thing, but we will keep the sweet memories with us and the achievements and the milestones. Just the good aspects of it. For the bad sides of you, you can take them away. Take them away, and never let them come back. We have no room for them.
It was a privilege to meet you, 2016.
Good bye.


Let’s meet 2017.

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace