Friday 25 November 2016

Kelewele Date with Marietta (25/11/2016): O Come, O Come Emmanuel



Hello world!


Good morning and happy Friday! Today is Friday the 25th, which means two things;

  •       It is the last Friday of the month, which means, it’s time for kelewele date!
  •        It is almost the beginning of the Advent season, which is observed by some Christian churches to prepare and await for the preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus Christ at Christmas. The term is a version of the Latin word meaning “coming”.

Which explains the title of today’s kelewele date. O come, O come Emmanuel…..


So, what are your plans for this year’s holiday season? Some of us are so concerned about the elections. Well, everyone is concerned, I know.

But…

This is me—story of my life

Please General Elections, don’t let your wahala take away the Christmas Spirit.

That’s what happened during the last general elections. Everything was in a mess, and it took the spirit away.

But I am not one who celebrates or observe the Advent, but it is fun counting down to Christmas.
Some Religious Bodies help us to count down to Christmas by giving us quotations and things to ponder upon.

My blogging game in November was not as expected. I was not feeling too well, so I took an involuntary break. But I am back, and healthy.

Miz Akwele of the Purple Shades Blog wrote an interesting bog post about the Art of PurchasingKelewele. You should go have a read. She wrote it very well and I love it. As for the time kelewele is being sold, I think it depends on the community. Whenever I’m in Winneba, you can only get kelewele after 6pm, but whenever I am in the neighbourhood I live in, in the city, you can get kelewele at 3pm. But she has a point, kelewele taste better when it is purchased in the night. I just don’t know why. It’s funny, you know.

O come, thou key of David, come,
And open wide our heav’nly home;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.

This is one of my favourite verses of the Advent Hymn. You can find this in the Roman Catholic Hymnal, number 120. Even though, I do not observe it, I love the lyrics.

Have you heard of Rojayjay? Then what are you waiting for? Do you want to be in the FOMO state? 
It’s not a good state to be in.


In the mean timeπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ



Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace