Tuesday 23 August 2016

To forgive is Divine


I do not know what’s happening, but for a month now, I have been reading a lot on forgiveness. At church, we learn of forgiveness, I read about forgiveness and all these things are not intentional. I just meet them, and you know what, I was assigned to give a talk on Forgiveness at church too.

In the recent book I read, there was a chapter on forgiveness alone. Dr. Clarissa stated four levels of forgiveness she has used in her work with traumatized people over the years. Each level has different layers.

The four stages of forgiveness are:

To forego-to leave it alone

To forebear- to abstain from punishing

To forget- to aver from memory, to refuse to dwell

To forgive- to abandon the debt

In my research to write the talk for church, I learnt that if you are having trouble forgiving another person or even yourself, ask God to help you. Forgiveness is a glorious, healing principle. We do not need to be a victim twice. We can forgive.

It’s just as simple as that.

I am so glad to be learning about forgiveness at this time of my life. First, I wondered why I was coming across this topic, but it’s all good. Maybe, I will seriously need it in the future.


I also want to write that, if someone has offended you without the offender knowing, and it hurts you so much, confront the person, point it out, and let the person know about it.  It’s better that way, rather that harbouring it in your heart yet smiling at the person in public. It’s poison. Let it out and let the person know. If he/she apologizes, thank goodness. If he/she does not, clear the person out of your way. In the end, forgive him/her. You have done your part. Now, you can smile.

Here is a little piece I wrote about forgiveness in my writer’s journal

FORGIVENESS
Sometime, I am grateful you exist
Other times, I wish there was nothing like you
It’s very difficult to forgive some people
The hurt cocooned my heart, I could barely breathe
But, in the end, you are very essential
Very necessary, very useful, very beneficial
Because you teach me inner peace
And you teach me to get rid of negative sentiments
I need someone to forgive me too
I need someone to forget my silly mistakes
And I need to forgive that someone
Every time, I am grateful you exist
Other times, I wish you were always around


Go out there, and forgive someone.


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace