Tuesday 9 August 2016

Frozen Feeling, Frozen Creativity


Hello world!

I recently finished reading the Women Who Run with the Wolves book and I am still reading some passages in the book, especially the passages about talents and creativity. Those are the parts I enjoyed most.

This month did not start with so much enthusiasm, but I am excited we are in a new month. New month, August means a lot of things; back to school season, getting ready for a new semester, internships, running to and fro, and too many other stressful things.

I have not been the best version of myself lately. No great new ideas, no sense of creativity, no sense of chasing the aspirations found in the world. August has been the most stressful month for me for some time now, and funnily enough, the Christmas season is not very stressful to me, like August. August is all about searching for accommodation, paying fees, back to school shopping stress and all that commotion.


My creativity level has gone reduce to a temperature of -70°C, which is so not me, at least not for a very long time. It has become too cold. Coldness is the kiss of death to creativity, relationship and life itself.
Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D. said, in archetypal psychology to be cold is to be without feelings.  My writer’s feeling is frozen, that goes on ahead to freeze my creativity.

In times like this, she says we should be like the ugly duckling. Go ahead and struggle through it. Generally, a thing cannot freeze if it is moving, so move. Keep moving.

Whether you are a dancer, writer, poet, actress, musician, artist or any other creative force, just pick up your weapon and move.

I am moving. I have decided to move. Fight through it, and get back on track.

I will thaw myself from the ice, and move, and meet creativity again.



PS…. Who is excited for the Olympic Games? It is my all-time favourite sporting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace