Friday 29 July 2016

Kelewele Date with Marietta (29/07/2016) Pull Up a Chair


Currently playing: All of my Life by Phil Collins

I do not know, but today, I miss Phil Collins music so much, I decided to play his nostalgic songs as I type this. His songs somehow brings tears to my eyes, especially when I play it in a serene environment where I can reminisce and reflect on life, and how far I have come in life and grown. Cools in general gives me nostalgia. It takes me back to when we, the kids, sit at the back seat of our family minivan and our parents sit in front and play these kind of songs. We listen as Daddy drives, and I sit at the back seat, with my notebook and pen or pencil, and write things that do not make sense. I enjoyed the music but did not ever hear or understand the lyrics.

Ohhh, the good old days. Those days were poetic. We were just kids making silly mistakes, but we knew how to appreciate life.

Alright, let me snap out of it, and come back to this millennial timeline. It’s time for our kelewele date, so pull up a chair and let’s talk. *wink*wink*


Let’s talk about books.


I am so disappointed that I was not able to read more books this month. Do you know how many I read? Just one. One book! And I use the whole month of July to read Women Who Run with the Wolves. I can’t even believe it myself. There were impromptu errands to run. Anyway, I had fun reading the book. A review of the book would come soon.

July started off all nice and sunny, but the last week went back to its chilly status. It felt like winter in a Ghanaian way, made us appreciate our sleeping cloths more, and wear cardigan to sleep. I had to bring out my blanket to keep myself warm.

I wrote my first interview on the blog this month and it was so much fun. I planned on interviewing people on the blog. That was in my 2016 blogging goals and plans, but unfortunately, it couldn’t come off at the beginning of the year. It was fun doing interviews with upcoming talents of the country.

The month of July was running so fast, I couldn’t keep up. The funny thing was, if you woke up late, like let’s say, 8am or 8:30am, by the time you finish taking your bath, dressing up and having breakfast, it is past 1pm.

Next week is the beginning of the August month, which means so many things. Devotionals, Young Adults summits and conferences, the Chale Wote festival, and back to school season. Wow. So soon. I just cannot believe it.

I’m still playing old cools, and ending this kelewele date.

Say hi to Phil Collins for me.

Set ‘em up, I’ll take a drink with you
Pull up a chair, I think I’ll stay
Set ‘em up, cos I’m going nowhere
There’s too much I need to remember
And there’s too much I need to say

#keleweledate on social media
Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace