Monday 25 January 2016

Book Review: Santrofi on National Service


Good morning, world. It is another beautiful day of sunshine and more blessings. I hope you are doing great. For me, I am gradually getting back on track from all the melancholy I was experiencing since the beginning of the year. Actually, I don’t know why I was experiencing that. I think it’s because a relative of mine fell seriously sick, but she is better now. That explains my drastic weight loss and all the uninspired days, but I’m all good now, and ready to face 2016, and live the sweet sixteen life with good intentions.


I have finished reading Santrofi on National Service, a novel, in which I just used a day to finish reading, since I was less busy on that day. It was ok, in my opinion. I am getting ready to do my National Service, next year, and this year is my internship.


It is a story of a young sixth form man, who was posted to the Upper West Region for his National Service. He was born and raised in Accra, and he had never left the capital before. His father refused to let him be a footballer, just like the post I wrote a few days ago, but his posting to a small village in the Upper West made him know his calling and what he is capable of, in terms of changing lives.


What I hate about the book is how the protagonist was very successful (or should I say, too successful) at everything (teaching, being a role model, at playing football). It was unrealistic to me. How can a person succeed at everything without any flaws and suddenly be a champion. Even superheroes have downfalls. The only downfall he had was when his longtime girlfriend broke up with him, which was so painful and when a student tempted him to sleep with her.

One lesson I learnt is that you can make a change at the area where you were posted.

 I would give this novel a 2.5 out of 5.

Have you read it before? What do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace