Monday 28 September 2015

I Am A Ghanaian Blogger

Hey there!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Marietta and I am a Ghanaian blogger. Yes! I blog at Marietta DeGrant as MarieNoël, where we talk about life, literary arts and lifestyle. Come over to the blog and enjoy yourself.

I remember, the then naïve Marietta entered into the tertiary institution and as part of her personal hobbies of writing, she decided to start a blog. I mean, school is not all about books and quizzes. It's a place to find your passion, your niche, when you are not staring at your PDFs or pamphlets.

If you had told me two years ago that I'll be blogging during this period, I would have laughed at you. Seriously, because I started a blog when I was in secondary school, but was not able to maintain it. When I started this one too, my laptop disappointed me and decided not to work again.

But lovely people, today the blog is 2 years old.

I know, right?

It's been an exciting journey in the blogging world. I've come to love it. This blog that I started on the last Saturday of September 2013, in my school's study room, is two years old.

I can't believe it!!!

But wow, two years? A lot has happened. Moving to a small town, making new friends, spontaneous visits to the beach, witnessing a festival for the first time and starting my tertiary education. I started this blog as my way to practise my passion for writing, express how I am feeling and sharing inspiration and tips on lifestyle(according to moi ;) ) and sharing my poetry.

When the blog turned 1, I started a new series called Kelewele Date with Marietta, which is hosted every last Friday of the month. Here we would talk about everything that happened in that month, that's happening in the world and happening with Marietta. So next month, Kelewele Date with Marietta would be a year old. Yay!

As I mentioned earlier, blogging has been an exciting journey. I love coming on here to write about fashion, beauty, poetry, lifestyle, writing, school, social life etc.

I love blogging. I really do. Just that, it's not easy. Juggling school (and its stress accomplice), social life and more, it's very easy to quit, very easy to give up on blogging, but with determination, hard work and perseverance, you can MAKE IT in blogging. I wonder how Ameyaw Debrah does it. His blog is WAY bigger and famous than mine, but he's still the KING blogger in Ghana.

Before I go, I want to thank each and every one of you who makes time to come here to read and comment. Thank you for making this blog stay alive. Thanks for your kind comments and encouragement.
I love connecting with you all so feel free to contact me via email, comments, or any of my social media sites and say hi! I'll be sure to respond!

So Happy blogiversary Marietta DeGrant As MarieNoël, cheers to the new blogging year!

Let's continue to talk about life!


I wish I had this cake to celebrate it. ~sighs~























1 comment:

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace