Monday 6 July 2015

My Life As A Writer





I started the habit of writing when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I started by writing how I spent the day with my dad. I used to go out a lot with my dad when I was a kid.

I write for the fun of it and I hope of making it Big anytime soon. Currently, I write novels (unpublished), poems, short stories, fan fiction, flash fiction, blog posts etc. When I was a teenager, I was writing for the Teen Ink website. It was amazing being on this site where creativity of writing, art, music and drama were shared.

I wouldn't say that I don't suffer from writer's block at times. When I get that annoying situation, I listen to music or read magazines or sometimes go for a walk. That's the only way I get cured from such a disease.
I don't just get up and say I'm writing a story or poetry. It comes in step by step, minute by minute, or day after day.

My strength as a writer is the ability to get ideas. Weakness? Putting them on paper exactly as I have imagined or how I want it to be.

Writing is something I enjoy doing as a hobby and I'm ever ready to help people in their writing life, though I am trying so hard to be at least good in it.

When I was a kid, I used to write diary entries, fan fiction and collaborative writing with my brothers. For fan fiction, I wrote about Michael Jackson and I, Jackie Chan and I. I featured in Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse and the Adventures of Tintin.

I started poetry and short stories when I entered secondary school. And I was surrounded by people who wrote stories also, so that motivated me, even though some students told me I was wasting my time because I was a Science student. I got discouraged for some time, but I jumped into the writing circle again, covering my ears.

I love surrounding myself with creative people, motivators and those who loved literary works.
My inspiration in writing.......LIFE. Life itself inspires me. Life is one big something, so I get loads of stuff from it. I just thank God for giving me such a talent and I hope in making it a beautiful talent to acquire, cherish and appreciate.

I have written unpublished fiction novels for about 3 people, with each of them as a protagonist in their own book. After writing it, I gave it to them, but believe me, I've forgotten what they were about.

I hope to publish or make my works movies. It is one of my dreams to be a best selling author, an excellent film maker, a music video director and get poetry in motion.

I used to write under a pseudonym, MarieNoƫl and Pink Butterfly. But I don't do that anymore.


Last year, I was lucky to feature on the Ghana Writers Project on Citi FM radio and I wish to do it again.
Writing is my bag and I'll be a world famous author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace