Monday 20 July 2015

My Journey in Zines

When I made my Long vacation bucket list, I wrote that I would do zine covers. I started making zine covers as long as I can remember, but because I am not good at drawing (or arts in general) , I do not show them to anyone because they suck.

Ouch. Really?

Yes. Really.

But I want to show you some of the ones I designed since school vacated.

1. A Drop of Golden Sun

This was made for the story I tried to write this break. It is about turning our swords into ploughshares

2. Bad Dreams

This was made for my poem Bad Dreams which I posted last week.

3. You-Nique

This is the shape of my hand. My left hand. On everyone's hand and palm are unique patterns. Everyone's prints is different. There are none alike, so why try to be like someone else. On the drawn hand are the introductions to the poems 'Song of Myself ' by Walt Whitman and 'Me' by Walter De La Mare.

4. Sketch Me A Dream
This one is still in progress, so I can't show you yet. But as soon as it is done, check it out on Instagram.
This was one of the poems I read on Citi FM radio. It is a lullaby.
Are you a zinester? How can I check them out. Leave your Instagram or wherever you post it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace