Friday 3 August 2018

The Year of the Melancholy: Life Likes to Tease



Hello world!

The first poem under The Year of the Melancholy would be uploaded soon. In the meantime, click to subscribe.


I will put the poem here also for those who would like to read.

Enjoy.

Life Likes to Tease


Life wakes me up when I’m feeling sleepy
Tells me to shut the hell up when I’m weeping
Takes my money and throws it into the ocean
And dares me to find it
Or else I won’t eat tonight

Life turns some good friends into bad ones
As it introduces them to a girl called Betrayal
Life advises me to make GOOD friends
But LIFE is friends with
Its alter ego who is a thief
The thief calls himself Death
That’s when I understood
“Show me your friend, and I’ll show you your character”
Life is Death in disguise

Life throws a javelin into your immune system
Life names the javelin infirmity
Tells us to stay there
“Stay in your bed! Don’t get up!”

Life throws pepper into your eyes
Calls the effect tears
The river that flows and dries up

“Life, oh life! You are so unfair!”
“I know that,” says life. “I always take that as a compliment”



Thank you for reading and hope to see you in the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace