Wednesday 30 August 2017

An Open Letter to my Friends


This is a letter to my friends and those who will become my friends.

Dear friends,

When I thought of writing an open letter to my friends, I did not know what to write. Even though, I don’t say it at all, I want you to know that I love you. I’m grateful for you. I’m grateful you are always there for me.

From days of dark clouds and missing moon to days of rainbows and comfy sweatshirts, I know you will always be there for me. Talk of days when I needed help to survive and days I was confused, you brought me out and told me to look at the bright side.

Thank you for reminding me of kelewele when I felt I needed something spicy on my tongue. Grilled sausages on days that were forbidden to be eaten on. Chocolates on days my blood needed some cocoa.

Thank you for forcing me to speak, to dance and to fool around. For taking pictures and making memories. Thank you for promoting my blog and my literary pieces. Thanking you for covering up for me when I needed a cover.

Thank you for feeding me when I was hungry and dressing me to look hot, though you never succeeded.

To friends who have betrayed me, anyway, I forgive you. To friends who are jealous of me, it’s normal for people to experience jealousy. To friends who chastise me of doing bad, but underneath your bed, you do worst, God is watching you. And to friends who think I am not your class, so don’t want to hang out with me, I understand you.


To people who will become my friends, learn to contain my silence and rowdiness.

Signed,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace