Wednesday 21 June 2017

Book Addict Q&As


Hello world!

So I was reading my blog (yes, I normally do that) and I realized it’s been a heck of a long time since I wrote a book/novel review. Also, as I was scrolling through my Goodreads account, the last book I had read was the Power, by Rhonda Byrnes.

In the world of reading, I have failed totally.

I know, it is not the end of the year yet, but we are almost ending the first half and it sucks.

Today’s post is some questions I am answering in relation to books and my reading pleasure.

Honestly, I do not remember where I got these questions from, but it will be fun to blog about it. I wrote the questions and answered them in my writer’s journal, so I just thought I should share it.

Where do you like to read?
Mostly in my room, or at a cozy part of my home.

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Bookmarks. I usually make my own. They are not really pretty ones, but I’ve been doing them as long as I can remember.

Bookshelf or box

Definitely bookshelves. I have library dreams. I can even make the under of the bookshelf my bed.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop at a chapter?
I have to stop reading at a chapter. I just can’t stop reading at any page. If I do, then I start the chapter all over again.

Do you eat or drink while reading?

Not at all. If I do, I normally do it when I am done reading a chapter or on break.

E-Reader or physical book?

Real book! I want to feel the pages and smell the book. Once, I read John Grisham’s The Litigators. The smell of the book made me feel like I was working in a law firm.

Music or television while reading?
None. I tried it once, it did not work. At the end, I was singing along and creating music videos in my head.

One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time. I want to feel the moment of one book before moving to the next.

Reading at home or everywhere?
I prefer reading at home but it depends. I tried reading in a public transport. It was quite uncomfortable but I was able to read 5-6 chapters. I still prefer reading at home.


Reading aloud or silently in your head?
I read silently in my head most of the time, but I read dramatic conversations out loud, especially when I am alone. (Confession time)


Fiction or non-fiction?
Both! But, most of my books are fiction.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I read every line ahead. I like to picture scenes in my head. So, I read everything, including the dress she wore and how it looked good on her.


Break the spine or keep the book as new?
It depends. If it’s an old book I bought, I break the spine. If it’s freshly bought from a bookshop. I’d keep it like new.

Do you write in your books?
I used to when I was a little girl. But now, I prefer to keep a notebook and a pen nearby.


Your top 5 favourite books
I really do not like answering questions like this, because there are several books I have read that deserve to be part of the top 5. I am also yet to read more interesting books but for the sake of this, here are my top five books:

Tell Me Your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon
Hidden Rainbow by Christmas Carol Kauffman

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
A Promise for Ellie by Lauraine Snelling
Christmas After All by Kathryn Lasky


Next time, don’t ask me this question, hahaha xx.

Favourite genre
Mystery. Suspense


What made you love reading?
My parents put the reading spirit in me. I started reading when I was a little girl, and now it’s a part of me.


Any other materials you love to read?
Comic books!

Now I tag you to answer these questions. Anywhere on social media. If you have a blog, that would be cool. Do not forget to tag me!


Currently reading: The Artist Way by Julia Cameron


Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace