Sunday 25 December 2016

Keeping it real since One Christmas Day


Merry Christmas y’all.

Ooh, I can’t hide my excitement. It’s Christmas Day people! And my soul feels beautiful.πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸΈπŸΉπŸ°

I remember when I was a little girl and wanted to grow up fast, buy more high heels and wear my hair, so that the wind can blow it.


Now I wish to be 12, or even 9.

Living your life as a young adult is not as easy as we see it when we are young. It has a whole lot of things we should warn our younger selves of. I think I need to write a book about being a young adult.

I was wide awake till I heard my phone ring. I answered it and heard “Happy Birthday, Silly!” I glanced at the clock and saw the time, 12:00am.

OMG! It’s two things: My Birthday! And it’s Christmas!


Exactly two years ago, I was on the search for a woman. A woman I have not met or seen before. I was wondering whether I could find her. I have seen a piece of her in my mother, so I had a fair idea of what part of her would look like.

It’s been two years and I realized, I am only 25% there. I wonder if it is a total waste of time.


But I am slowly learning that finding someone is not going to be an easy journey. You might get flat tyres, you’ll get hungry, eat bad food and get running stomach (diarrhoea), run out of money, meet good strangers and bad strangers. Finding someone is muddy, rough, scary, fun and overwhelming.


I thought of asking people to help me find that woman. Yes, I asked family, friends (my good friends), the church, the community, the workplace, books, the stars in the sky, the past and the present. I wanted to ask the future but it would spoil the fun.


I asked God. You know our Heavenly Father already. He has things in place to help me find her, but I will have to do my part. It’s like asking God to have sufficient money. He won’t send you gold and money, but He would give you strength and wisdom to work hard to earn money.



The woman I am looking for is the woman I want to be, and I am only 25% there.

I hope to find her.

Life has been fun and overwhelming and heartbreaking, but we are still surviving.


Yes, we are.

I have been keeping it real since the day I was born.

I feel like I am writing a post all about myself.

Hehehe xx.

That is the power of a personal blog.

How is your Christmas day?



Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace