Monday 3 October 2016

Prose Poetry: What Do You Do When It’s Raining?


What do you do when it is raining?

Do you pray for those who have leaking roofs?

Or you just jump onto your comfy beds and shout “Time for some cuddling!”

I have lived in a leaking room before

And I did not like it

I could never sleep when it rains at night

I had school the next day, so I had to sleep

But I couldn’t, even if I wanted to

I had to sit and desperately pray for the rain to stop

Am I selfish to ask for that?

But it doesn’t stop, it continues to pour down

After it is done, it would be two hours more for the sun to rise

You can’t even sleep again because the room is colder than outside

You can’t even sleep again because you have to mop up the little pond in your room

You can’t even mop up, because there is power cut

What could be worst?

You can’t sleep because your mattress is soaking wet

And it’s morning. Time to go to school

What do you do when it is raining?

Do you just cover yourself in blankets and complain of the cold?

Or you pray for those who don’t have roofs at all?




Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace