Tuesday 14 June 2016

Novel Talk: The Redemption of Sarah Cain


Hello world!

I had a good weekend. It was good. Last week was kind of a mixed situation, both good and unpleasant. I am grateful for such a wonderful weekend to get away from the city and go back to Winneba to hide a little (just for a few hours).

I am done reading The Redemption of Sarah Cain. It is a religious novel about a group of Christians I am hearing for the first time; The Amish. I don’t know of anyone in Ghana would belongs to a group like that. I have done online research of them because of this. They have interesting customs and traditions.



Anyway, since I have finished reading the book, I wanted to go on ahead and write the review, but I want to do something different. I want to write eleven quotes/ sentences I liked from the book. Here are five quotes I liked from the book (in no particular order)


Choose only the perfect ones, and your collection will become more important. Remember, there is only one sun and moon in the sky. Think how trivial a harvest moon would be if there were three.

Things done by halves are never done right.

In shedding nonessentials, one sheds vanity

Nary a promise for the morrow. Live ev’ryday as if it’s your last

Sarah had come to her relationship with Bryan a mere silhouette of a woman, hungry for acceptance, but too apprehensive to embrace it wholeheartedly.

There’s a healing that often comes from creating an heirloom.

The outside of one’s life is their shell. It can guide one to find the ultimate answer….within.  A person is always free to change his shell at any time.

God is sovereign, in all, over all, and above all. I do put my faith and hope in him.

Human beings often despite aloneness. We avoid isolation at all costs. Yet we must reconcile with solitude, learn to embrace it, so that we can hear God’s voice.

Treasures from the sea teaches us heavenly lessons.

A single powerful bolt of lightning split the sky, silver and sizzlin’.

Have you read the book? What do you think of the Amish culture? Maybe, you can tell me more about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace