Sunday 8 May 2016

Behold! Thy Mother


No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child.
                                                                                Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.

Anytime, I get hold of the Liahona Magazine of The Church ofJesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the first topic I search for is Motherhood, or any article on parenting. I don’t know, but I was interested in those topics before I started my tertiary education.

I look at my mother and always bless her. She’s a wonderful person and some of the attribute of her that I want to develop is how to solve problems quickly, how to cook with little money and food (she’s really good at that), and having patience for our stubbornness (our means, we the children)
But motherhood is an eternal partnership with our Heavenly Father and a divine role instilled in us.  I love my mother so much. She’s the heroine of my life because she never gave up. My dream is to make her happy and write her story down for people to read and learn, whether it gets published or not, or it stays in the family.

Here are some quotes about motherhood resting in my journal.










To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, “Thank you. Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.” To Mother Eve, to Sarah, Rebekah, and Rachel, to Mary of Nazareth, and to a Mother in Heaven, I say, “Thank you for your crucial role in fulfilling the purposes of eternity.” To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle—and all will—I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, (Obadiah 1:21) and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth.’(1 Corinthians 13:8) ” I can pay no higher tribute to anyone. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love this article a lot. It is a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. You can read the full article here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace