Friday 12 February 2016

Lettre D’Amour (Day 12)


Lettre d’amour is the French word for a love letter.

Dear Readers,
You are beautiful, handsome, talented, and blessed, but you just don’t know it. The worst part is, you don’t want to agree to what I am saying. Have you ever looked at the mirror? Do you hate the size of your eyes? Someone wants that size.

Sometimes, you feel you are not good enough? Do you really need to think about that? How far have you gone to conclude that you are not good enough?

You think you are fat, you think you are ugly, you think you are not talented, and sometimes you think, you are nobody.

Well, I am writing you tell you, you are wrong.

You have a purpose, but you just don’t want to know. You are talented, but you just don’t want to find out what you are talented at.

Love the body you live in and take good care of it. Try to stay fit, and take good care of your skin. Eat healthily and let your mind and heart be at peace.

You can dance, you can write, you can speak in public, you can make someone’s day brighter. I am not a motivational speaker or anything of that sort, but I know I am supposed to tell you this today. It’s Valentine and you need to be appreciated.

Thank you for supporting the blog, and I love you all, even the haters.

Good night!
Your blogger,
Marietta

Have I done any good?

1. Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

2. There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.

Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

Text and music: Will L. Thompson, 1847–1909, alt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace