Wednesday 15 July 2015

7 Ways of Killing Writers Block


You keep staring and staring, at a blank computer screen and an empty page. You want to write a story, poem, song, a description, a line......but nothing seems to form in your head! You feel like screaming, because you are not getting any idea for anything. Your muse is empty.

Sounds familiar?

The writers' enemy. The Writers Block.

Yes! My worst nightmare.

Anytime, I experience this nightmare, I feel like banging my head on my table, or the closest wall.
It's really annoying. It normally visits you when you don't expect it.

What a pain in the neck!

But, today, I'm going to share what I normally do when Mr. Writers Block visits me.

I know, I'm not a professional writer, but I do write stories, poems, blog posts etc. What might work for you might not work for some writers.

1. Take a break. Take a walk, talk to a friend on phone, visit a loved one, volunteer, dance to music. This could help you kill writers block.

2. Watch a movie - whether it is old, new, funny or sad.

3. Change your location. Some writers have a place where they do their usual writing schedule. Go yo another place and write. Go to a park, the beach or somewhere different and write.

4. Try a writing prompt. There are many websites, like this one that give daily /weekly writing prompts

5. Browse your photo albums. This is a fun thing to do when you are trying to kill writers block.

6. Don't eat while writing. It can be a bit distracting. Your mind would be focused on the food and not the story.

7. Read magazine covers or newspaper headlines.

Bonus Tip: While struggling with the  writers block, sip some water. This can help you calm your nerves and kill writers block.

Maybe, the word 'kill' is harsh for dealing with writers block. We could PUNCH him in the face.
Stay sweet! And enjoy writing. Never allow writers block to visit you unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace