Thursday 28 May 2015

Phenomenal Woman, That's Her



Maya Angelou, my phenomenal woman.
 Last year, Mummy and I were talking about her, Oprah Winfrey, BeyoncĂ© and some other black women who have made great and positive influence in the world. After about an hour, I was doing my usual surfing of the internet and read that, she died an hour ago.

Ohh.......bless her. What? Unbelievable. We just mentioned her name.

Maya was a very wonderful woman. Though I never met her in person, I know it. I was attracted to her by her poems, then her personality. She was one of my major influences in poetry and I'm grateful that I got to hear of her.
These are some of her quotes. Hope you take them to heart.

I know for sure that love saves me and that it is here to save us all

I've learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel

I am a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change the, change your attitude

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.


Below is also a poem by her.
Many and More
There are many and more
who would kiss my hand,
taste my lips,
to my loneliness lend
their bodies ' warmth.

I have want of a friend.

There are few, some few,
who would give their names
and fortunes rich
or send first sons
to my ailing bed

I have need of a friend

There is one and only one
who will give the air
from his failing lungs
for my body's mend

And that one is my love

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace