I have been interested in fitness but not as much as I am now. I don't know where the inspiration and motivation came from and I did not have a resolution to work out because I would brush that aside and blame time for not being enough (my best lousy excuse). But it is fun to be interested in fitness.
My fitness and workout routine is simple, does not cost, fun and motivating. Without motivation, determination and reason, trust me, you would quit!
Today, we would take a look at my workout routine, since today is World Health Day.
- An hour before I work out, I get some food into my stomach, like bananas, or bread with groundnut paste. Then I drink abeduro juice (The recipe would come later on the blog)
- I make sure my gym bag has all my workout essentials. I normally do that the night before.
- I get hydrated, by drinking 1-2 cups of water.
- I wear a sports bra, then put on a simple old t-shirt. My favourite is my London 2012 Olympics t-shirt. Then I dig my legs into my sports shorts or some cool tracksuit bottoms or just some three quarters length trousers. Next, I put on some good sports shoes.
- I'd like to fix my hair in a ponytail to prevent it from falling into my face when I run or do some squats.
- I also wear a digital wrist watch, you know, to check time.
- Before I do any form of exercise, I do some couple of warm up exercises like walking, jumping, jacks, hip rotation, jogging slowly in place, ankle rotations etc.
- The exercises I love to do is cardio (jogging, running), dancing, and a body toning workout.
- I've created an upbeat workout playlist on my phone so I'd put on my headphones to get motivated and entertained while I exercise.
- While exercising, I sometimes time myself to see how far I've gotten in a given time.
- I need to cool down after exercise, so I gradually slow down
- The next thing I do is hydrate. Water! I need you!
- I do some stretches. Study shows that a stretch during your cool down helps to relax your muscles and restore them to their resting length and improve flexibility.
Now, it's time for makeup and my hair
- This part is normally done when I know I can't get back home but need to get to work.
- I wash my face or use wipes
- I redo my hair, that is, if it's in a mess
- I curl my brows and put on some lip-gloss or balm
- I take some snacks and chum! I chew.
Are you involved in a fitness /workout routine? Tweet me your fitness /workout plan or wear with the hashtag #WorkoutWithNoel