Friday 31 October 2014

Kelewele Date with Marietta


Well, hello there!
Yeah, I know right!
It’s not my fault oo!
You see, I’m being deprived of electricity. Ghana is currently under construction, in terms of electricity. And my laptop is still ill and about to undergo surgery, so………… sorry guys!

But today, I have something for you. *wink*
Today, we are having a date and in this date we would eat kelewele with a glass of sobolo drink sometimes. Every last Friday of every month, we would meet right here to talk about all things! (Except for politics, of course) to make it more interactive every time and anywhere we go, use #keleweledate on all social media and we’ll chat! (I love chatting by the way). Because we are F.R.I.E.N.D.S in this cyberspace world.
To you, my foreign friends, kelewele is a local Ghanaian dish (or snack) which is ripe plantain cut into smaller sizes and spiced up with spices and fried. (Sounds delicious, right?). Sobolo is also a local wine colour chilled drink (The recipes would come to you later).



Have you ever wondered why British singers lose their accent when singing? I have been thinking about that too.
During my internship, my supervisor asked the team to search for health tips. I was excited to do it. Then I read one that amazed me; you can actually whiten your teeth by………… (You want to hear it or you’ve already heard it before. I’m probably the last person on earth to know)………just rubbing the inside of the banana peel on your teeth. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m willing to. Sooner!
So, how has your semester been? Is it going on smoothly? What about your new school year resolutions? Well, I’ve broken one. In my new school year resolutions post , I said I’ll visit the beach often. Well, I’ve been to the beach like 3 or 4 times since school resumed and it’s not as many times as I promised to visit. It’s not too late to go back to go back and fulfill it.
My mother asked me to write a poem for her with the title, “A Prayer for Me” and I’m finally done. I don’t know, but it took me like 3 months to write it. Though I’m done, it looks like I still feel, I need to go back and do some editing. I’ve given it to her and she liked it, but I still feel I need to add or remove something. Is there any writer in the house? Do you sometimes feel that way after writing a story, poem, article or even a blog post?
Oopsie! I’ve got to go and my kelewele is even finished. My roommate and I just finished it up! (I don’t spare kelewele you know.)She’s actually somehow part of this conversation.
I wish to continue talking but I just got a call from a friend saying he wants with talk to me! I hope he has some money to share with me, LOL, just kidding! I feel like a mother already! J But we can continue on social media.
#keleweledate
See ya!



2 comments:

  1. I like the way you write! About the editing completed work thing, I TOTALLY do it, like all the time! lol. As artists we always feel our work is never complete, that's the way it is...
    --MaameBoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maame Akesi. Artists and writers, work not satisfactory and complete.

      Delete

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace