Thursday 14 December 2017

Daily Gifts (An Excerpt from Christmas Stories for the Heart)


Another blogmas post is coming your way this morning. How has your December been so far? Mine has been full of work, work, work, and I cannot complain much. Between being a student and a worker, I have seen the difference. As a student, you get a little break but as a worker. There is nothing like break.

Anyway, I have been trying to enjoy every little moment I have to spare. I have been super busy, but I try to live life at peace.
For a minute, I didn’t know which blogmas post to write again, but as I was reading this festive book of mine, I read page 104 and it really touched my heart.

It looks so much like the Light the World initiative I am involving myself in, but it has more options and simple and daily things we should be practicing.

The book says we can call these daily gifts “our Christmas Projects.” We could practice one of these little projects, one moment/day/period at a time.

They listed some suggestions in the book and I will list some here

Mend a quarrel

Seek out a forgotten friend

Write a long overdue love note

Hug someone tightly and whisper “I love you so.”

Forgive an enemy

Be gentle and patient with an angry person

Express appreciation

Gladden the heart of a child

Find the time to keep a promise

Release a grudge

Smile. Laugh a little. Laugh a little more

Play some beautiful music during the evening meal

Apologize if you were wrong

Turn off the television and talk

Treat someone to an ice-cream cone (yogurt will be fine)

Pray for someone who helped you when you hurt

Encourage an older person

These are some of the many things they listed in the book. You can try and do some as time goes by.

Merry Christmas!
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace