Tuesday 3 May 2016

BOOKS THAT BRING BACK MY CHILDHOOD


I remember when I was a little girl, books were my friends, apart from the toys I played with. My parents made me grow to love reading. My daddy taught me how to memorize some of the books, like Mad About Madeline and some of the I Can Read Books.




In school, my favourite part of the timetable was library time, where I go to read either American Girl Tales or The Baby Sitters Club. Something funny tickles the back of my neck anytime, I see those books on the shelves. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to borrow them.










My favourite time of the academic year was Open Day, not because my daddy or mummy comes to check all the good work I did in classwork. It was because, that day books are being sold. Books of all kind; novels, book of knowledge, story books and all that you can think of.



At the beginning of this year, I was standing in front of the bookshelf at my parents’ home in Accra and I saw some of the books I loved to read when I was a little girl. I had nostalgia all of a sudden.






A Treasury of Children’s Literature was one of my favourites. It had a collection of stories, rhymes, American tales, fairy tales, poetry and some classics. I loved their illustrations, they look so classy and professional.



Mad About Madeline was one of the first books Daddy taught me to memorize. Up till now, I can memorize at least 10 pages of the first story Madeline. I read it over and over again, and that made me to start writing stories about school life and boarding house life.

I am grateful for the fact that, I learnt to love reading. It’s therapeutic and it’s a great feeling to get lost in a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace