Tuesday 2 February 2016

Four Things I Love About Myself + Self Love (Day 2)


I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?
~Goldie Hawn

Good morning! First official post of 14 Days of MarieAmour, and today’s topic is all about self-love.
First of all, what is self-love?

Self-love is the feeling that your own happiness and wishes are important. ~Oxford Advance Learner’s Dictionary, 7th edition.


Anytime, people hear self-love, they think of what the Holy Bible says, that they will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, proud, ungrateful and all that 2 Timothy 3:1-5 says. I am not talking about being selfish, I am talking about how to take good care of yourselves. Please do not see self-love as a way of avoiding people who need your help. Be generous, kind and be at service.
Four things I love about myself
  •        My passion for writing. I love writing and I love the way I sometimes have command over it.
  •        I can be easily motivated and inspired.
  •        The hair I have. The hair colour is not entirely black.
  •        I can be organized. I know how to plan my day.

What about you? What do you love about yourself? Maybe, you are looking for ways to love yourself. I am not an expert in this and it is just this year that I started to know what self-love is, but I will share with you how to develop genuine and selfless self-love, not being lovers of yourselves and unholy and disrespectful. I am talking about self-care.
  •        Cut away all toxic habits and relationships. If you have a habit that is really disturbing you, quit it.  If you have a huge bunch of frenemies, get rid of them.
  •       Please! Do not compare yourself to others. It’s a taboo, I wish it was a taboo. I did that a lot when I was in JHS, but I stopped, when I entered secondary school. I found out that, I was wasting my time and mind resources and it wouldn’t do me any good.
  •      Do something you really love or do things that makes you feel good. Like baking, journaling, Family History, DIYs, karaoke.
  •       Think positively.
  •        Have a grateful heart. Be grateful for your blessings and trials. Trials strengthen you.
  •       When someone compliments you, don’t be all skeptical. Rather, say thank you with a smile.
  •       Wear your favourite outfit, make up, shoes, hairstyles and get all girlbossed with it.
  •       Create me-time. Very important. I learnt how to do this when I entered the university and I found that useful.
  •       What! I almost forgot to add this one. Love your body by creating a wellness routine. Have enough rest (I am personally working on that one), workout out, eat healthily, and go for checkups and all that health jazz.
  •    Try to unplug and declutter. Our electrical gadgets, social media can be a little distracting

All these and more, can be achieved and make pampering yourself, a priority.




Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it. ~Thaddeus Solas

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace