Tuesday 8 December 2015

Holiday Movie Review: It’s A Wonderful Life


I decided to watch It’s a Wonderful Life since every foreign friend of mine always talks about it during the holidays. I decided to watch it. What is so special about this Christmas movie? Is it a movie that will make me use my handkerchief? I gave it a try to watch.


After writing a paper on Wednesday, the following day, after doing some washing, I sat down on my desk and reluctantly watched the movie.


The movie stars James (Jimmy) Stewart as George Bailey, Donna Reed as Mary Hatch who later becomes Mary Hatch Bailey and Henry Travers as Angel Clarence Odbody.

It’s a Wonderful Life is a 1946 American Christmas fantasy Drama film and it is about a man who has given up most of his dreams in order to help others. His suicide plans brought the intervention of the Guardian angel, Clarence. The Guardian angel shows George all the lives he has changed and how different life would have been if he hadn’t been born.


I enjoyed the movie. It was not bad at all. I thought I wouldn’t wipe some tears but I did.
One lesson I learnt from the movie is, no matter how small you are, no matter how insignificant you are, you make differences in people’s lives.

I love the ending so much, I played it several times and smiled and pondered it in my heart.

I know my calling in life, and I have to use it.

I will give the movie 4.5 out of 5.

George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I’ll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it’ll all dissolve, see….and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair….am I talking too much?



Mary:  Bread…that this house may never know hunger. Salt….that life may always have flavour.
George Bailey: and wine…that joy and prosperity may reign forever.


Have you watched the movie? What did you learn from it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace